July 2, 2010

Patriotic Breakfast

I have two getaways planned for this summer; the first one is a week-long trip that begins tomorrow. I'll be heading down to Philadelphia to celebrate the Fourth of July. I can't think of a better way to spend Independence Day than to be in the place where the Declaration of Independence was signed. From there, I'll drive south to Washington DC to enjoy a few days touring our nation's capital. My vacation will end up in the "Sweetest Place on Earth." Hershey, PA! :)

The second trip that I have booked will take me up to Cape Cod in August. I'm hoping it will include a ferry ride over to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket Islands, though I haven't ironed out all of the details as of yet. We'll see.

I won't be online for the next week, but I will hopefully return with many stories to tell. In the meantime, I'll leave you with some of the patriotic pancakes that I whipped up this morning. Enjoy and have a Happy 4th of July! Love & light...

"Now the Lord is the Spirit,
and where the Spirit of the Lord is,
there is freedom."

~2 Corinthians 3:17

~@~