October 30, 2010

Frog Pumpkins & Harbor Colors

I set aside part of my Saturday morning for some pumpkin arts. Just a little bit of paint and a square of green felt was all that was needed to transform my pumpkin into a frog. He's all ready to sit on my doorstep for Halloween.

Of all the seasons of the year, I definitely think that autumn is the most beautiful. The colors are just fabulous. I love to go for drives when both sides of the highway are lined with trees dressed up in rusty oranges, hot reds, golden yellows, and deep browns. It makes my heart feel warm. 

After work yesterday, I had some time to visit Northport Harbor. As I walked the  length of the wooden pier, I got to see the boats moored on the docks and encounter seagulls perched on the posts. Both the harbor and the village looked lovely against the backdrop of the autumnal trees and I seized the opportunity to snap a few pictures. I stuck around long enough to see the sun set over the Long Island Sound and it put me in a great mood for this coming weekend. Here are the photographs; I hope you enjoy them!









"This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it."

~Psalm 118:24


~@~