December 15, 2010

Bayville Winter Wonderland

Throughout the Christmas season, the town of Bayville transforms its pirate-themed amusement park into a Winter Wonderland. Yo ho ho!

While there, one can stop in to chat with Santa Claus, have one's photo taken with various Christmas characters, go ice skating, take a ride on the holiday train, visit the arcade and malt shop, as well as see an elaborate lights display in the evening. 

Though, my favorite feature of the park was Santa's 3-D Toyshop! With an oversized pair of cardboard glasses nestled firmly on my face, I stepped into a world of bright, three-dimensional holiday joy! I strolled through the corridors with a huge grin on my face, delighted by the colorful ornaments and packages that seemed to spring from the walls at every corner.  I even had to pause a few times when I felt like I was going to step through the floor. This attraction was really well done. I hope my 2-D photos capture a little bit of the fun of it. :)












As I type this blog, I'm listening to the soundtrack from "A Charlie Brown Christmas" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio. This is a classic holiday CD; every piece of music is brilliant. The silkiness of the jazz piano really puts me in the spirit of the season. If this CD isn't already part of your Christmas music collection, I highly recommend it! Cheers!!!


"You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

~Psalm 16:11

~@~