December 24, 2010

Home for the Holidays

Every year, I start my Christmas shopping in October so that when December rolls around I am finished and can avoid the long lines at crowded shopping centers. The only place that I don't mind waiting in queue is at Fish Market on the morning of December 24th. It is kind of a tradition with me. Every Christmas Eve, I go to the market to get dinner. Stuffed flounder. Baked clams. Crab cakes. Seafood salad. Yum! The line always extends out of the door, but I don't mind it at all. It is such a merry atmosphere that I look forward to it every year.

Well, yesterday was my last day of work for 2010. We had our office party at Stony Brook. It was a fun day with lots of good food. I brought my guitar and we had a holiday sing-along. The highlight was when we did our own version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" with each person at the table contributing a different item. "On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a brand new convertible GT." The song went on to include color TVs, carrot sticks, and bags of garbage. It was a blast. Now, I'm off for the next 11 days which means that I am officially home for the holidays! :)

I have a lot of cooking and gift-wrapping to do today. Tonight, after my fish dinner, I'll probably settle down with a mug of hot cocoa (250+ mini marshmallows) to watch "It's a Wonderful Life." Throughout the day, I'll check on Santa's progress HERE. At the typing of this, he's in New Zealand.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve! Here are pictures of a few of my favorite greeting cards that came in the mail this year. Enjoy.








"The Lord will withhold no good thing
from those who do what is right."

~Psalm 84:11

~@~