December 18, 2010

Trans-Siberian Orchestra!

I love Christmas music! No matter what types of music I listen to during the rest of the year, when December rolls around, Nat Cole really is King and Burl Ives rules. LOL! Of course, for more than a decade now, my Christmas seasons have been musically dominated by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Their concept album "Christmas Eve & Other Stories" has become my all-time favorite holiday CD. The tale it tells of an angel come to earth on a mission from God at once fills me with hope and Christmas spirit.

Last night, I went to see them at Nassau Coliseum.

This is the fifth year in a row that I've gone to see their concert and they never disappoint. Who would ever have thought that a holiday-oriented, progressive rock band could become such a phenomena? As I scanned the audience at the packed arena, I got a picture of just how vast their appeal really is; the scope of their fan base covers all age groups (toddlers to octogenarians) and all walks of life. It is really amazing and quite a wonderful thing to see. This is a performance that washes over the viewer and lingers in the heart for days to come--spectacular musicianship, beautiful singing, and a stage show of epic proportions! 
















This concert captivates and delights me year after year. I stood in the aisle dancing and playing air guitar along with every riff. TSO is a band that plays large both on CD and in concert. If you should ever get the chance to see one of their Christmas concerts, don't let it pass you by. It is a marvel. I will certainly be going again next year! :)










  
"Blessed are they whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the LORD.
Blessed are they who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart."

~Psalm 119:1-2

~@~