February 12, 2011

Classic Cinema & Crushed Castles

My first week of convalescence has been mostly about delving into my catalog of DVDs while snacking from a goody stash that I've affectionately dubbed the "Smurf Box." Normally, if I spent so much time on the couch I'd feel like a slacker, but guilt-free relaxation is the silver lining to the cloud of post-surgical aches and pains that currently plagues me. As discomforted as my body feels right now, my mind is refreshed and light. Of course, one can only idle for so long before it starts to get old and I am looking forward to the time when I can get out of the house again.

Let's see, so far I've viewed some epic films such as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Indiana Jones trilogy, Rocky I and II, Disney's Fantasia, Shawshank Redemption, Apocalypse Now, E.T., Avatar, and Excalibur. I also got to watch Schoolhouse Rock (which made me feel very nostalgic about Saturday morning cartoons from when I was a little kid), a bunch of SpongeBob SquarePants episodes, and Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage. I'll be going to see Rush at Madison Square Garden in April and the video got me really pumped up for the concert. I also discovered an online medieval game called "Crush the Castle 2." It's all about crusading across a made-up empire, supplanting kings, and leveling buildings with a catapult. The best part of the game is that, after finishing the whole adventure, one can construct one's own castles and upload them to the "People's Empire" so that other players can try to knock them down. I really love the fact that it allows me to share my creativity and add to the gaming experience. I'm going to post the links to a few of my castles below. Keep in mind that my fortresses can mostly be beaten with 1 shot (2 in a couple of cases), if hit in the right spot with the proper ammunition. They were fun to design and I hope they're equally as fun to crush. Happy catapulting!



"Believe in the Lord Jesus
and you will be saved."

~Acts 16:31


~@~