February 5, 2011

Medical Conditions & Monster Mini Golf

Well, this is it. My last weekend of being up and around for a while. On Monday morning, I will be checking into Huntington Hospital to have surgery. It's nothing serious (just a simple hernia procedure), though this will be my first time ever going under the scalpel. Surprisingly, I'm not nervous in the least. I'm more curious about the experience of it all. I've heard conflicting stories about recovery time that have ranged from "It's not bad, I was back in action in three days" to "It was six weeks of agonizing pain." I really don't know what to expect. I'll write a detailed blog about the whole thing when I'm able to sit up at my computer. My doctor told me that I won't be able to return to work for 3-4 weeks. It actually comes at a good time; I have a performance scheduled in early March and this time at home will allow me to prepare something really great. However, a month is a long time to be unemployed and I'm going to have to come up with some creative ways to occupy myself--reading, painting, writing, music...

Other than that, I haven't really been doing much lately. This has been one amazing winter with blizzards coming every week; I've been enjoying a lot of quiet time at home. Though, if this weather pattern continues through February, my house will be snowbound until spring as I won't be able to lift a shovel at all.



I did recently discover a monster-themed, glow-in-the-dark, mini golf course near my house that proved to be a lot of fun. It is an indoor place illuminated completely with those purple lights that make your teeth look funny and draw attention to every speck of dust on your clothing. I'm sure this will be popular at Halloween. It was a cool afternoon that looked a little bit like this:
 .
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint."

~Isaiah 40:31

~@~