November 7, 2011

Around Town Through Camera Eye

Back in September, I put up here a post that featured a group of 35mm photographs that I had shot a while ago in Manhattan. I was so inspired by the classic look of those images that I have since been on somewhat of a black & white kick. A few weekends ago, I went for a photographic drive around my hometown and challenged myself to capture some of the everyday places (laundromat, beach, power plant, library, baseball field, etc.) in unique ways and from unusual angles to make them look fascinating and artistic. I took hundreds of digital snapshots, though the following ten are the ones that really popped out at me. I spent a little time adjusting them to try to give them an almost newspaper-like quality. I'm pretty happy with the results and I hope you will enjoy these photos as well. Cheers!!!











"But now, O Lord, you are our Father;
we are the clay, and you are our potter;
we are all the work of your hand."

~Isaiah 64:8

~@~