December 31, 2011

Fresh for '12

Well, I've been home from work since Thursday and I don't have to return until January 3rd. So far, I spent the last two days taking down all of the Christmas decorations and giving the house a good cleaning and vacuuming. I always like to start off the new year with a refreshed environment in the house. I own a lot of artwork from all around the world and this gives me the chance to rearrange everything and get rid of the clutter. It feels wonderful.

When it's all clean like this, I love to simply sit in my living room to read or listen to music. I took a few photographs so you can get an idea of how it looks, though a picture can't capture the entire story. You'll just have to imagine the warming glow of flickering candlelight, the sweetness of vanilla-scented incense wafting through the air, the beautiful sounds of a guitarist and orchestra on the CD player performing Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez." It's a milieu that exudes good vibrations and makes me feel very serene and happy. Fresh for 2012. Now, I'm ready for tonight when I do my annual struggle to stay up until midnight when the crystal ball comes down in Times Square. Happy New Year's Eve! Love & light...






"By wisdom a house is built, 
and through understanding it is established;
 through knowledge its rooms are filled
with rare and beautiful treasures."

~Proverbs 24:3-4

~@~