December 27, 2011

Southern Dreams for Next Year

Whew! I can honestly say that 2011 has been one incredible year and the joy of this Christmas season really finished it off on a beautiful note. I'm feeling very peaceful at the writing of this and looking forward to hanging a brand new calendar on the wall. Everything is good.

This week between Christmas and New Year's Day is usually the time when I start to think about what kinds of things I would like to see and do in the coming year. I only have one resolution for 2012 and that is to get the Avant Garden Poetry Amphitheatre up and running. Things are going smoothly and my plans for a spring launch seem to be coming together. This is also the time when I start thinking about travels. Last year at about this time, I put up a post called "Northern Dreams for Next Year" that talked about my proposed trip to Vermont, Montreal, and Lake George; a trip that I would end up dubbing "Due North: Road Trip 2011." As I start dreaming about an adventure for next summer, the words "Due South: Road Trip 2012" are coming to mind. I'm thinking about a road trip that would begin with two days in the colonial atmosphere of Williamsburg, VA; continue down the coast for a night in the southern hospitality of Savannah, GA. At its southernmost point, this journey would stop off in Orlando for seven days of Disney magic. Then, on the way back up the coast, I would check out the powdery sands of Myrtle Beach before making a return to Washington D.C. I'm thinking that the whole vacation would last for about two weeks. It's just an early idea at this point, but I kind of like it. Enjoy the rest of 2011. Cheers!






"May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in you."

~Psalm 33:22

~@~