January 21, 2012

Flying with Snow Angels

Ah, the first snows of the season arrived here in NY late last night into this morning. I awoke to find the world wrapped in white sheets with lots of big, fluffy flakes still dropping from the sky. There is a park nearby my house that has a hill where people gather on snowy days like this for wintry activities. The idea of joining in the fun sounded great and I was soon bundled up in my scarf and gloves with the snowboard and toboggan loaded into my trunk. When I arrived at the park, I found that dozens of people were already there on the hillside with more showing up by the minute. It was a fun atmosphere. I tried my hand at the snowboard several times, though I'm not very good at it and I ended up sliding down the hill on my rear end most of the time. I got covered in snow from head to foot, but it was a total blast.  At one point, I even felt inspired to stretch out on the ground and make a snow angel. :D

Back at home, after peeling off my wet clothes and putting on sweat pants, a cup of warming cocoa completed the experience. I originally had a few other things planned, but an unexpected touch of blizzardry on a Saturday morning in January is much nicer by far. Wishing you a weekend of warmth and wonder. Cheers!



"I pray that out of his glorious riches
he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit
in your inner being."

~Ephesians 3:16

~@~