May 9, 2012

A Dream Come True & Animals Too!

Hello. It's been a while. Hasn't it?

I've been keeping so busy lately that I haven't gotten the chance to post anything new here on my blogs. In the last month or so, I completed all of the work on the Avant Garden Poetry Amphitheatre. This venture has been a long time in the works and it's an extremely satisfying feeling to finally see a beautiful, new performance space finished. I must say that it has turned out much better than I ever expected. It's a dream come true, really. I will put up lots of photographs, though I am going to wait on them until after the amphitheatre's maiden voyage. I'm also going to do my best to capture lots of video footage. Opening night is set for Saturday, June 9 (if the weather cooperates). I'm so excited!

With my weekends having been taken up mostly by outdoor details, I didn't get to do much else. Now that all of the major work is done, I should have more free time, though I'll still have to devote a few hours every weekend to maintenance. I did take a ride out to Manorville a few Saturdays ago during a warm spell to visit the Long Island Game Farm. I've been there a few times in the past and it was good to see the familiar sign that welcomed me on to their grounds again. It's a nice place that allows its guests the opportunity to get close up to a variety of wild animals (bison, deer, kangaroo, llama, lemur, mountain lion, peacock, giraffe, monkey, etc.). One sight that really impressed me was the plumage of the many wild turkeys that I saw walking along the edge of the dirt paths that cut through the woods. Wonderful fans of tail feathers. I really enjoyed my morning at the game farm; it was a great opportunity for me to chill for a while and just unwind. Cheers!











"...being strengthened with all power
according to his glorious might so that you may
have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks
to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance
of his holy people in the kingdom of light. For he has
rescued us from the dominion of darkness
and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,
in whom we have redemption,
the forgiveness of sins."

~Colossians 1:11-14

~@~