July 1, 2012

Blogs. Plays. Films. It's All Good.

I've designed a new blog just for the Avant Garden Poetry Amphitheatre. This is where I will post all upcoming events, news, and photographs from the shows. I'm very pleased with the way it came out. The next event is scheduled for Saturday, July 21 and will feature the music of Tara Kavanagh and the poetry of Russ Green. You can check it out by going HERE.

Speaking of the Avant Garden, I have begun the writing of my first poetry play. The entire plot is mapped out and I hope to finish it by the end of this year. My wish is to put together a cast and rehearse it over the winter so that it can be performed at the Poetry Amphitheatre in the spring of 2013. If all goes well, I might want to create a new play every year and also invite other poets to write works for the Avant Garden stage. I'm very excited by the prospect of it. This could be really cool!

I've also been having a lot of fun with my new camcorder and video editing program. I just put up a new video on my YouTube channel (William Shakespeare's Sonnet 18 at Cornucopia's Noshery) and I plan to do a lot more in the future. So far, I've just stuck with capturing live performance footage, but I would like to start creating some more artsy poetry films. At this point, it's all very new to me, so I guess we shall see. Click HERE.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to celebrating the Fourth of July next Wednesday and then the following week is my road trip to the Poconos. Ah, summer adventures. My favorite!


"Ye are the salt of the earth:
but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?
it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out,
and to be trodden under foot of men. 
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick;
and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

~Matthew 5:13-16

~@~