August 14, 2012

Discounted Dragons

If there is one thing that I have always loved to do it is going to live shows. Back in my college days, I would go to perhaps two concerts per week. However, in the last two years or so, ticket prices for such events have really crept up and gotten much too expensive. When small venues start charging $50.00 per person to see a local tribute band, it is obvious to me that things have gotten out of hand. The truth of the matter is that I just can't afford to go to everything anymore. I really need to pick and choose the shows that I want to see and preferably use discount codes when purchasing.

On Saturday, August 4, I went out to Nassau Coliseum to see Dreamworks "How To Train Your Dragon" Live Spectacular. I'd seen the show advertised on TV and it looked incredible. A discount code brought ticket cost down to an acceptable level, so I was OK with laying out the money. Judging from crowd size, there are a lot of people having the same feelings as me about buying tickets. The coliseum was not even half full.


"How To Train Your Dragon" did not disappoint. The performance was every bit as marvelous as advertised. As the house lights dimmed, I was transported to the island of Berk -- home to a group of Vikings who are doing constant battle with dragons. The action taking place on the arena floor is a true kaleidoscopic extravaganza for the eyes. There are dragons flying high above the heads of the audience, breathing fire and bellowing guttural roars. Viking ships sail stormy seas. The audience even gets an overhead look at the action as Hiccup (our loveable main character) climbs the coliseum walls while scaling video images of jagged cliff faces and rickety bridges. I'd never seen anything like it.














Mostly, the tale is a heartwarming one. I really enjoyed the movie when I saw it and the live show brought the story to an entirely new level. Much enjoyed. Love & light...


"My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge."

~Psalm 62:7

~@~