September 1, 2012

Live Arts In the Harbor

For me, there aren't many things better than spending a warm, sunny summer day in Northport Village. I really enjoy visiting this nautical town of my youth, where boats bob in the sun-drenched harbor, people go fishing for snappers off of the docks, and kids fill the air with joyful noise on the area's two playgrounds. It's a postcard setting.

Last Sunday, the Northport Arts Coalition brought even more culture to the village by hosting a Live Art Fusion Extravaganza in the park. This event featured an afternoon of jazz bands playing on the gazebo. The music drifted to my ear the very moment I pulled my car on to Main Street and began my walk down to the waterside. Lots of people were sitting under the shady trees on blankets and chairs to take in the music. Easels were set up all around the lawn where painters were hard at work on their canvases, drawing inspiration from the sound. It was a symphony of paint palettes, brushes, jazz harmony, and drums. It did my heart good to see so many artists thriving in one place. Live art is definitely something that I would like to see at the Avant Garden Poetry Amphitheatre in the future; painters, please contact me. Love & light...







"Jesus turned and saw her.
'Take heart, daughter,' he said, 'your faith has healed you.' 
And the woman was healed at that moment." 

~Matthew 9:22

~@~