November 15, 2012

Flavors of the Week

Wow, it's kinda hard for me to believe that Thanksgiving Day is just one week away. Last Sunday, I got the chance to go to a bunch of stores and finish up on the majority of my Christmas shopping (including my annual bag of Toys 4 Tots), but I must say that the holidays have crept up on me this year. I have to believe that it is all because of the disruptions caused by Hurricane Sandy. The focus up until now has definitely been elsewhere. I was thinking that this holiday season might be a bit subdued because of all the things that people have gone through recently, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Quite to the contrary, it seems that people are looking to the holidays to put a little much needed joy in their hearts. I'm already sensing a lot of Christmas spirit in the air and I'm happy to see it. No, I don't mean Christmas spirit as in malls being decorated and sales being advertised; I'm talking about goodwill. At work, some people have started gathering funds to buy presents for kids from families that are going through hardships. I think it's terrific!

This week, I'm looking forward to writing up my grocery list and making a few trips to the market to get the food for the feast. I found a recipe for a pumpkin roll that I want to try out. I think that Thanksgiving Day is one of the most beautiful days on the calendar. It kicks off the happiest season of the year and it's a day so full of promise. Love & light...


"And now abideth
faith, hope, charity, these three;
but the greatest of these
is charity."

~1 Corinthians 13:13

~@~