November 6, 2012

Volunteers & Electioneers

Today, I'll have just about enough gas in my car to take me to work and then back home again. After that, my fuel gauge needle will be hovering around "E." I'll look around for a fueling station this afternoon, but, gathering from what I've seen and heard, I realize that I could be looking at some unintentional time off until more gas becomes available. If that be the case, I'd really like to devote some of my time to the storm relief efforts, perhaps volunteer (if I can find someplace local), and go shopping for supplies and nonperishable food items to give to the cause. I'd also like to remind everyone that $10.00 contributions can be made to the Salvation Army by texting the word "STORM" to 80888 and to the Red Cross by texting "REDCROSS" to 90999. These donations will appear on the phone bill and can be given up to three times. There are a lot of people out there who have lost everything in this storm and we should all be ready to reach out a helping hand in some way. This is the time for charity, generosity, and kindness. I will make only one other stop while on my way home from work today and that will be at the polling site to exercise my right to vote. Happy Election Day, America! Cheers!!


"And do not forget to do good
and to share with others, for with such sacrifices
God is pleased."

~Hebrews 13:16

~@~