December 15, 2012

That Heavenly Glow Known As TSO

This past week at work, I've been cranking up the Trans-Siberian Orchestra albums to get pumped up for this afternoon's concert at Nassau Coliseum. I am very fortunate that I share the office everyday with my dear friend, Murf.  He and I have the same tastes in music (for the most part) and we both love TSO. While this was to be my eighth time seeing the band, he has been going for about the last 10 or 11 years. I always enjoy going to work the morning after the yearly concert (in this case, Monday). Murf and I always talk about what a great time it was. We can usually spot each other in the Coliseum crowd, though not this time around. After all of these years, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra still puts on what I think is one of the most spectacular live shows ever. I am blown away consistently by their December performances. The music is amazing and the stages are epic. The air is electric. The light show unbelievable. Between 1996 and 2004, the group released three Christmas albums that have become a holiday staple at my house (as well as at the office). The first halves of their concerts have always told the story from the album "Christmas Eve and Other Stories," however, this year marks the debut of the story of "The Lost Christmas Eve." A rockin' show, no doubt! TSO never disappoints.


I've long wondered if the group's composer, Paul O'Neill, would be willing to listen to an idea of mine. I've had a concept in mind for some time now that I think would make for a fantastic Trans-Siberian Orchestra album and show. A while ago, I also wrote plots for Star Wars: Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, but, now that the rights belong to Disney, I guess that I probably won't get a chance to pitch my ideas. Oh well, one can still dream. Cheers!

















"Dear children,
let us not love with words or tongue
but with actions and in truth."

~1 John 3:18

~@~