January 19, 2013

Kitsch In the Kitchen

Lately, I've gotten heavily involved in revamping the interior design of my house. You may recall about two weeks ago that I said I was going to clean out my kitchen. Right after I posted that, I spent a few days ripping apart all of the cupboards and drawers. Once everything was neat and uncluttered, I found that I had become bored with the pumpkin hue that had been adorning the walls for the better part of ten years now. It looked dull. I felt inspired to give the room a fresh coat of paint and I was leaning toward something in the red family. I decided on a lively color called "Grenadine." The moment that I dipped the brush into the can and slathered that tincture onto the wall, I could feel the atmosphere pop and I was very excited. I've been working on the room ever since. I picked up some new artwork and I even used chalkboard paint on one of the columns to lend a whimsical feature. I really love the way my kitchen has turned out. Whereas before it was drab, now it has flair. So far in this spruce-up tour of my home, I've finished the living room, the studio, and the kitchen. I'm going to keep at it until the entire house is complete. Next up, I have a spare room that is in dire need of a makeover.




Other than that, I've just been doing simple things. I'm in process of writing a new piece of music. I've come up with some poetry, which I'll probably post to my other blog in the days ahead. I started watching a TV series called "Heroes" on Netflix that so far is pretty good. Today, I worked on a Glow-In-The-Dark jigsaw puzzle with my daughter that was a lot of fun. Perhaps this weekend, I'll go out somewhere to honor MLK Day. Basically, everything is good. Hope it is with you too. Cheers!


"One thing I do:
Forgetting what is behind
and straining toward what is ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the prize
for which God has called me
heavenward in Christ Jesus."

~Philippians 3:13-14

~@~