March 27, 2013

Flat Stanley: The Journey Begins...

So far, I really been enjoying my break from work. It's been sweet and relaxing. I got the chance to take my family to the bowling alley for a few games. I watched my son roll a ball in a way that I've never seen anyone do before and it amazed me. I immediately had to stop the action to take a snapshot of the pins. I have no idea how one would pick up the spare on a 7-8-9-10 split. Ha!

Well, all of the weather reports have confirmed that the next few days will be sunny with temperatures above 50 degrees. That's exactly what I was hoping to see. First thing tomorrow morning, I'll be driving to Philadelphia. I've packed the bags, polished my boots, run the car through the car wash and got an air freshener for the rearview mirror (Cinna-berry), even loaded some new music into my iPod. I'm all ready for a road trip. My kids were both given photographic assignments to complete for school over the break and this Philly trip will be just the thing. My daughter drew a little paper man named Flat Stanley and he has to go on an adventure through pictures. I figured that Flat Stanley would really enjoy visiting the Liberty Bell or perhaps sprinting up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art à la Rocky Balboa. My son's task is to take pictures of things that represent geometrical shapes -- pyramids, spheres, hexagons, quadrilaterals, etc. It is going to be really fun exploring Philly while doing these projects. I'll have lots of stories to share when I return. In the meantime, have a Happy Easter and stay beautiful! Love & light...



"Therefore with joy
shall ye draw water
out of the wells
of salvation."

~Isaiah 12:3

~@~