April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day!

I'm feeling very much into the spirit of Earth Day this year. Over the weekend, I spent a lot of time outdoors and I accomplished a huge amount of work in the yard. My thumb is getting greener by the minute and I'm happy to report that things are almost ready for the warm months. I should be getting a delivery of 8 yards of mulch this afternoon; once I have that spread throughout the flower beds, it will just be a matter of planting a few flats of annuals to add color. Yesterday, I even heated up the barbeque for the first time. Ah, life is sweet!

Aside from the great outdoors, this weekend was also all about my son. On Saturday, we went to see him get his promotion at Tae Kwon Do. This time he advanced to a purple/black belt. It makes me so happy to see him doing well at something he loves. The ceremonies are always very exciting. Afterwards, we celebrated with his friends at a frozen yogurt place. It was a beautiful day.


We also got to work on his photographic geometric shapes project. You might recall that we went to Philadelphia with this assignment in mind. I think that it came out quite good. Here are the pictures that we took:









"This day I call the heavens and the earth
as witnesses against you that I have set before you
life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life,
so that you and your children may live."

~Deuteronomy 30:19

~@~