April 13, 2013

Starting the Avant Gardening (and Lots of Other Things Too)

With the series of warm days that just swept through the New York area, I seized the opportunity to commence yard preparations for the Avant Garden Poetry Amphitheatre's second season. Thus far, I've raked out all of the flower beds and done most of the edging. I was happy to find that Hurricane Sandy did only mild damage to a few of the shrubs. There is still a colossal amount of work to be done (the amphitheatre's interior needs to be painted and the gardens need mulching and planting), but I'm feeling really good about it all. If everything goes smoothly and the weekends keep bringing good weather, Season II should be ready to kick off by late May or early June.

On top of that, I've also been preparing for several shows that are coming up in the near future. Firstly, I'm in the process of memorizing a script for the Bare Bones Theatre Group Showcase next month. The class has been a great experience and it has inspired me to think about a lot of new elements and possibilities in my performances. I've learned a lot. It was suggested a while ago that I host the end-of class party at the Avant Garden and I'm definitely keen on that idea.


I've also been brushing up on my "Whitman Sampler" program for a performance at the Summit School (which I am greatly looking forward to) as well as putting together a Memorial Day show for the LI Poetry Place. There's definitely a lot going on at the moment, but I must say that I'm enjoying it all. Love & light...

  
"Come to me,
all who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest."

~Matthew 11:28

~@~