May 7, 2013

Tiptoeing Through Tulips

I must say, this last weekend for me was a very productive and inspiring one. Between Saturday and Sunday, I must have put in about ten to twelve hours of yard work, accomplishing most of what I needed to get done (and I got a little bit of a tan in the process). It has been somewhat overdue. About two weeks ago, the dump truck came by my house with its 8-yard load of mulch, which had been sitting in my driveway ever since. My kids affectionately dubbed the pile "Mulch Mountain" and made up a song about it. After this weekend's work was complete, they've had to change the title of their tune to "Mulch Molehill." Over the two days, I also made several trips to the nursery to get more plants to fill in the flower beds. The land is really shaping up nicely. I just need to put on a few finishing touches and then the Avant Garden Poetry Amphitheatre will be ready for action.

In other news, on Sunday morning, my family and I headed out to Heckscher Park in Huntington for their annual Tulip Festival. It was a pristine day and the sight of the earth covered with an entire spectrum of colorful buds absolutely delighted us. I always wish that tulips could last longer into the season; they're so beautiful. We also got to see a swan on its nest and lots of turtles in the lake. It was an enjoyable day. On top of all of that, we've decided on a destination for our July road trip. This time, we'll be heading up to Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine. Looking forward to this one. Cheers!
















"Live a life of love,
just as Christ loved us and gave himself up
for us as a fragrant offering
and sacrifice to God."

~Ephesians 5:2

~@~