June 21, 2013

Hooray for Summer!

Happy First Day of Summer! I'm so glad when this time of year comes around. The feeling in the air is fresh and there are always so many great things to do. This Saturday, I'll be hosting the first art party at the Avant Garden Poetry Amphitheatre for this season. I've been really looking forward to having these events again. Last night, I got together with featured performer, Barbara Ann Branca, to discuss the details of her show. I always encourage the people who perform here to get as creative as they want with their ideas and Barbara has quite a few good ones. Some amazing props too.

This week, I also made my first trip to the beach. It felt wonderful to wade into the water again and feel the waves foaming against my legs. Someone had built a beautiful sandcastle down by the water's edge. I was very impressed with it as I've never had good sandcastle making skills. On the horizon, I could make out the outlines of sailboats and fishing boats. Someone zoomed by on a jet ski; it looked like an absolute blast and something that I'd love to try someday.




On top of that, a friend called me with an extra ticket to the Rush concert at Jones Beach on Sunday evening. Yes, I think it's safe to say that this first weekend of summer 2013 is going to be a exceptional one. May the music of a summer breeze caress your cheek like a lyrical kiss. Love & light...

"Rejoice in the Lord always.
I will say it again:
Rejoice!"

~Philippians 4:4

~@~