June 25, 2013

Oh, What a Rush!

Well, this Saturday saw the opening event for the second season at the Avant Garden Poetry Amphitheatre. Along with the regular patrons, a couple of Bare Bones Theater Group alumni were in attendance to share their words and music during the open mic. I though it very nice that they showed up. Our main performer, Barbara Branca, gave an upbeat, environmentally-themed show. It was a delightful time and the evening's weather was warm, clear, and beautiful. I really enjoyed it. And, speaking of poetry, one of the coolest things that I heard this week came from my friend Jorge in Mexico. It seems that he likes to climb up to his rooftop on starry nights with a chair in hand and read the works of Edgar Allan Poe. When I heard that, I got such a great mental image -- Poe's writings on the rooftop under the stars! Wow! How cool is that? I asked him immediately if I could share his story here and he said that I could and joked that he would waive his "mention me in your blog" fee for me. Ha! Thanks Jorge!

On Sunday evening, I hopped aboard the party bus with a few friends to go to the Rush concert. We had a great tailgating time in the Jones Beach parking lot, eating buckets of chicken while trying to dodge some nearby thrown footballs that had gone astray. It was an awesome concert, though, as sometimes happens at outdoor venues, the Atlantic winds definitely wreaked havoc on the overall sound. It started to drizzle at the end, but, by that time, the audience was singing along with every word of the Rush classics and no one minded. Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive. Yeah, you know the songs. This week, may you experience something so breathtaking that it makes your heart thump like Neil Peart's bass drum. Love & light...










"But the fruit of the Spirit is love,
joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 
gentleness and self-control."

~Galatians 5:22

~@~