June 5, 2013

Poetry Place, Patchogue

Whew! Saturday's Fundraiser Gala at the Poetry Place in Patchogue finally completed the string of three different performances that I had scheduled for within the month. It was really a challenge for me to prepare such a diverse batch of material at one time. I was working on nuances and memorizing lines right down to the very last minutes. I feel stretched out artistically, though quite happy with the fact that I was able to do it all without any sort of hiccup. It really shows me that I am capable of a lot. Now, I can relax for a moment, though I have to admit that I'm already thinking about some themes for upcoming performances. I have a few good ones in mind.

The Poetry Place is a nice venue. The Gala was well attended and featured a full afternoon of poets and musicians performing their arts both indoors and outside among the trees. Also, there was a big barbeque. Someone even brought a basket of locally-grown strawberries; one taste and it was instantly summertime on my palate. (*NOTE - If anyone is still living with the notion that food somehow represents prurience, please read this. Strawberries are strawberries.) It was really an enjoyable, inspiring day. Here are a few photographs that were taken by my friend, Marquis McCheever. Enjoy. Cheers!





"O taste and see that the Lord is good:
blessed is the man that trusteth in him."

~Psalm 34:8

~@~