October 21, 2013

Nature Abounds & Brand New Sounds

Of the four seasons, I've always though of Autumn as perhaps the most beautiful time of year. I need only take a single glance at the bright hues that adorn the trees and my heart is golden. I really love all of the activities too. Over the last few weekends, I've visited a couple of pumpkin patches, wandered through corn mazes, gone on a bumpy hayride, and made two treks to the apple orchard for freshly-pressed cider. I was hoping to go on a leaf peeping adventure to Upstate New York, but, unfortunately, the timing was wrong and the opportunity didn't present itself. Nonetheless, I'm quite happy with the pumpkin faces, gourds, and chrysanthemums that rest on my front porch. I get a smile every time I walk up to the door. October is also the month in which I try to make some headway with the Christmas shopping. It's going good so far and I should have it mostly wrapped up by Hallowe'en.



In other news, this past Sunday, I went over to the public library to see a demonstration called Nature Nick's Animal Adventures. Both fun and informative, this presentation featured creatures from many different places from around the globe, such as the kookaburra, porcupine, alligator, kangaroo, and hedgehog.





I have one other tidbit to announce. If you've been following this blog for a while, you might remember that my New Year's Resolution for 2013 was to create some music. I'm glad to say that I've finally gotten around to doing it and I'm quite pleased with the results. For the past two months, I've been working on an EP called "Joyful Noise." As the blurb will explain, it is "an inspirational EP made up of 5 popular Psalms done in radio drama style with gypsy jazz and classical guitar accompaniments." It's available now through iTunes with all proceeds going to sponsor a 5th Grade trip to Gettysburg. Go get it now! Cheers!


"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord,
all ye lands."

~Psalm 100:1

~@~