December 23, 2013

I'll Be Home For Christmas!

Yippee! As of this past Friday, I am officially home for the holidays until January 2, 2014! These next few days are really going to be a pleasure. I'm so looking forward to all of the cooking that I will be doing on Christmas Eve for the big meal. This year, I'm going with a southwestern-style Christmas dinner. I did all of the grocery shopping during the week and I'm very excited about the menu.

This weekend, I got to do the last few activities for the Christmas season. Saturday morning started off with a trip to the Dix Hills Ice Rink for an hour of skating. I must say that I'm not very good at it, but it is quite fun nonetheless. There were a few young hockey players who were there to practice their skating and I was very impressed by their agility on the ice. Saturday evening brought me out to the mansion at Old Westbury Gardens to see their Holiday Splendor displays. It is an event that I always love. I took lots of photograph, which I though look terrific in sepia tones.













Sunday afternoon took me to Coe Hall at the Planting Fields Arboretum for a Holiday Concert and Sing-A-Long. The Tudor Revival Mansion and its grounds looked absolutely stunning decked out in festival cheer. The concert was a lot of fun with lots of audience participation.













One other thing that I would like to share is the batch of holiday crafts that I've been working on. I made a series of collages with the paint program on the computer. I got inspired to create it after playing a Christmas-themed hidden object game. I've also been putting together a foam village. It isn't finished yet, though the pieces that I have so far are adorable. Hope you like them. Wishing you joy and blessings aplenty! Have a very Merry Christmas! Cheers!














"And she shall bring forth a son,
and thou shalt call his name Jesus:
for he shall save his people
from their sins."

~Matthew 1:21

~@~