April 1, 2014

It's April, No Foolin'!

Well, after the tail end of March blanketed the ground here in NY with an unexpected batch of snow, I'm happy to be flipping the calendar page to some hopefully more Spring-like days. I'm so glad that baseball is in action again for the 2014 season. That for me always signals the beginning of warm days and outdoor activities. I'm looking forward to getting back out into my garden soon to start the clean up. I can't wait to see those first plants popping through the soil. This has been a long winter. 

Let's see, I haven't really been doing much lately that has been all that noteworthy. Last weekend, I went to the library to see a presentation by some performers from the Shinnecock Nation's Cultural Center and Museum. They demonstrated the use of some of their traditional tools, talked about their history, and concluded with some tribal dancing with lots of audience participation. I always enjoy this kind of thing. Cheers!


"Dear friends,
since God so loved us,
we also ought to love one another."

~1 John 4:11

~@~