May 27, 2014

Yay for Memorial Day!

I hope you had a most enjoyable Memorial Day! To start off our holiday afternoon, my family and I walked down to our usual spot of sidewalk in front of the bank to watch the parade. It is a beautiful event every year and we never miss it. Love the marching bands. Thank you to all of the men and women of the Armed Forces!

After the parade, I set my sights on doing some heavy yard work. As March, April, and most of May weren't really nice at all, I got very behind in the clean up. With this entire 3-day weekend being clear and blue, I seized the opportunity to get a lot done. If you remember, it was three years ago that I gave the yard an extreme makeover. Well, all of the plants and shrubs have finally become full and lush. The rose garden has tons of buds. The clematis vines have taken over the trellises. The blueberry bushes are getting tall. It's all looking terrific. I'm happy to say that the Avant Garden Poetry Amphitheatre is almost ready to go for the 2014 season. I still have a few more things to do, so perhaps another two weeks. As late afternoon came around, I invited my friend, Marquis McCheever, over for our first barbeque of the year. We talked about some ideas for themed events at the amphitheatre. Good stuff. Soon. Very soon...




"We know that we live in him and he in us,
because he has given us of his Spirit."
 
~1 John 4:13

~@~