May 14, 2014

Yay for Moms!

Last Sunday for my family began with church. As it was Mother's Day, all of the mothers in attendance were invited up in front of the congregation for a very moving tribute and to receive a gift. To see all of the ladies being honored on the stage was a lovely moment and I welled up a bit. I've noticed in the church bulletin that they often have missionary groups that are sent to different places around the globe. To go forth to new places while bringing hope and comfort to others in the name of the Lord is something that I would love to do. It might be difficult as I still have to work a full time job, but I will definitely be looking into it some more.

When church services concluded, in order to continue our Mother's Day celebrations, my family and I packed a picnic basket and drove over to the Planting Fields Arboretum. It was to be the most beautiful day of the year thus far and the park was crowded with people who all had the very same idea. We found a serene spot and spread our blankets under a shady pine tree beside a small pond. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a more delightful lunch. As I was laying back on the blanket, a group of skywriters flew overhead making the moment even more special. After the meal, we carried all of the bags back to the car and then proceeded to hike through the arboretum and its vast grounds and winding paths. It felt great to once again to be experiencing the fresh air of the outdoors and , no matter how many times I go on nature excursions, I always seem to find things that I've never seen before, such as the rusty-hued surface of a Chinese Paperbark Maple. All of the Cherry Blossoms were also looking lovely in full bloom and I really enjoyed walking through the park's Dwarf Conifer Garden. Wonderful day...








"For the word of God is living and active,
sharper than any two-edged sword,
piercing to the division of soul and of spirit,
of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts
and intentions of the heart."

~Hebrews 4:12

~@~