May 21, 2014

Yay for School!

This entire past week has been devoted mostly to my kids and their end-of-year school events. On Tuesday, my family went out to the Middle School to see my son playing his clarinet in the Spring Concert. The program featured performances by the orchestra, band, and chorus. There were some great musical selections, including a few surprises such as Herbie Hancock's jazz classic "Watermelon Man" and a toe-tapping rendition of Bill Wither's 70s hit "Lean On Me." It was a really good show and I was very happy to see my son having fun playing music on the stage. On Saturday evening at the high school, the focus shifted from music to dance at my daughter's dance recital. The theme for this year's show was "Dancing In the Street." It started off with a Motown medley that was electrifying, wound through several numbers in various styles, and ended with a grand finale of the show tune "One" from A Chorus Line. I loved it. On Tuesday afternoon, we returned to the high school once again for a special field day. It was a crystal clear day and I took a spot on the bleachers to watch my son and his friends taking part in events like the long jump, relay races, discus, and javelin. A week of music, dance, and sports. Amazing!








"May the God of endurance and encouragement
grant you to live in such harmony with one another,
in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may
with one voice glorify the God and Father
of our Lord Jesus Christ."

~Romans 15:5-6

~@~