July 4, 2014

Skyrockets In Flight!

Happy Fourth of July, one and all! Here's to hoping that everyone is enjoying the freedom and warmth of the summer months. May the sun's rays illuminate your every day! I'm happy to announce that I've finally put together the first event of the year for the Avant Garden Poetry Amphitheatre. On Saturday, July 26, we'll be hosting a masquerade party. It's been quite a while since we've held an event and I'm really looking forward to this one. Poetry, masks, music, art -- it should be a lot of fun.

In other poetry news, I was part of an event on Wednesday night at the Brickhouse Brewery in Patchogue. It's kinda funny, my last two performances have been at a brewery and a winery and I don't drink. Ha! The idea behind this event was to showcase poetry and drums together. I'm a big aficionado of hand drums, so I was more than happy to bring along my djembe and udu. Many styles of drumming were well-represented by several players. The rhythms and the spoken words blended very nicely and the evening just seemed to glow with creative energy. Very enjoyable. Oh, and speaking of musical efforts, I've begun the early stages of production for my next two EPs. The music is all written and the album covers designed; now it's just a matter of capturing good recordings of the material. It should keep me busy for quite some time. Cheers!







"Let them praise his name in the dance:
let them sing praises unto him
with the timbrel and harp."

~Psalms 149:3

~@~